Lightroom Workshop

Post-Processing WORKSHOPS

Because of the strong demand from many students willing to advance and learn, we have finally released our Lightroom and Post Production Workshop.

Justin Aitken has been in the professional photography industry for over 10 years. His work is 80% based in Lightroom nowadays, with the remaining 20% spread across using Photomechanic and Photoshop.

"My time in the industry so far has been a challenging ride, there has been so much to learn and I have made a lot of mistakes along the way. I’d love to help people take that next step while eliminating those same mistakes. This course is for anyone who wants to create the highest quality imagery in the shortest possible time. It’s for newbies, enthusiasts, OR those who are just starting out in their career, no matter what genre of photography interests you, this course will help you. Allow me to share my workflow with you, to help you move on to the next level, to enable you to stand out from the crowd, to inspire you to create and grow as an artist"   ....   Justin Aitken

What we’ll focus on at this workshop:

  • Adobe Creative Cloud
  • Choosing RAW over JPEG
  • Working with RAW
  • Folder and Catalog locations
  • Importing your images
  • File handling (keywords, import settings etc)
  • Metadata
  • Rating & Culling (Deleting)
  • Library Module (Collections)
  • Organising your images for best results
  • Justin’s workflow
  • Develop Module & Non Destructive Editing, including:

- Virtual copies
- Cropping/Straightening
- The Histogram
- Exposure & Temperature Adjustments (White Balance)
- Shadow & Highlight Recovery
- Contrast, Vibrance & Saturation
- Other tips and tricks (Justin’s style of working)
- Colour vs B&W
- Sharpening
- Noise reduction
- Lens corrections
- Spot removal
- Graduated Filters
- Adjustment Brush
- Creating and using Presets

  • Adjustments for best and fastest results
  • Working with Photoshop
  • Cloning in Photoshop
  • Layers in Photoshop
  • Exporting your images, including:

- File formats
- Resolution and sizes for internet and/or print

  • Other modules in Lightroom (Slideshow, Book, Print, Web)
  • Finding your style
  • Be yourself
 
WHO THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR : As mentioned above, this workshop is for those new to post production. It's for anyone who wants to learn about Lightroom, and take the next step in organising, developing, editing and post processing their very own images for great results. If you have done our Beginners & Intermediate Workshops, then this one will be a great next step and follow on for you.....
 
WHO THIS WORKSHOP IS NOT FOR : Those who are already very familiar with Lightroom/Photoshop and already have their own workflow! If this is you, take a look at the content above, only you will know where your knowledge is and how much you know or not. If you are wanting to do the workshop to fill in any gaps you might have, that is totally fine as there is more than likely something for everybody in this workshop - but it's important to understand that we will be going over everything in the content above from start to finish.
 
GENERAL (BUT IMPORTANT) THINGS TO NOTE :
 
This workshop is limited to a maximum of 12 students per session. As with all of our workshops, there will be time for questions and answers

For you to attend this workshop, no prior knowledge of Photoshop or Lightroom is required, although it will obviously help if you can navigate your way around a little

The following requirements are needed:

1) You will need your own laptop & mouse, and basic computer skills, along with Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop installed. Please bring your laptops fully charged, with your chargers

(NOTE - For those who don’t yet have Lightroom or Photoshop, please visit the Adobe website to download a trial version. Please ensure you have enough time remaining on your trial before attending the workshop. Alternatively, you can also sign up for an Adobe Creative Cloud plan (We suggest the Photography plan).

2) As many of your own images as possible (in RAW format), so that we can work through the exercises and you can work along with me as we go. Ensure these are with you either on your laptop or on an external drive. Bring them all if you want!

3) The desire to learn, grow, experiment, and create - in an un-rushed environment! :)

Cost:
$395.00

Hands-On Photography Workshops and COURSEs

Workshops are held in Auckland and Christchurch. Click below to find an upcoming workshop in your area:

SEE CALENDAR BOOK NOW